Thursday, June 25, 2009

My B-day breakfast with Ash in FrontRoom

The best part about birthday is that one can enjoy their favourite food with their favourite person in their favourite place. Nothing else in your life mattered at that moment, and my first birthday breakfast in my lifetime, is even better than just being perfect.

It rained in the early morning. However, i know i'm always a spoiled child, not only by my friends, but also by god. The sky cleared up when i was running to Front Room. Running made me feel better because the air was refreshing.

The moment I saw Ash, i was more than just being moved. It was complicated. She was not an early person. She woke up early today and called me. She was there, waiting for me to have my birthday breakfast. I used to think she was disorganized, and definitely i was wrong. She was not disorganized. She only organizes stuff she thinks worthwhile. I felt my morning so organized because of her. I know now how i felt when i saw her. Thankful to her and faithful in her. Yes. That's it. Thankful that she thought such a big del of my birthday and insisted that we had breakfast together. Faithful that the breakfast would be perfect becasue of her existence.

We both ordered veggie crescent and iced Mocha with whipped cream. We sat there. She surprised me with a light green necklace with a jade in which brown circles resembling melt chocolate were inlaid in golden background. I really liked it. At the moment, i was thinking about which dress should go with it, and therefore i was a little absent-minded. we talked and laughed, food was not the focus though they were yummy. The quality time we had together was my favourite and most relaxing time because i know i can laugh as much and loud as i want. Most of the time we spent together, Ash indulged in laughter with me and at the same time, did a good job in keeping eye on the surrounding in case we were toooo over in others' eye. I'm with her, and i feel assured.

Many people told me that they thought i was the happiest girl they had ever known. I think the reason is that i have so many wonderful friends who touch me by their unnoticeable nicety kindness and consideration. Thanks, Ash. I'm so glad that you are part of my life and definitely you are not leaving any more.

Both of our English were good enough for us to understand each other. However, sometimes, i am still thinking how wonderful it is if she could understand Chinese, or i could know her language. Yet i know now, no second language is needed because we are communicating with our shared sisterhood smile.

I'm so glad it was with Ash, and it was in FrontRoom. I am spoiled.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Josephine...

    You are sooooo sweeeeet...I admire you for all your qualities..But more than that I think you are a great human being...And that I admire the most. It was a pleasure to have a breakfast with you on your birthday...And its always a great pleasure to laugh together and chat with each other....though I am moving out of Athens,as you said, our feelings of sisterhood will be there always...

    ReplyDelete